Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Autumn Rose finale.....


It's done.....well, I think I'll give it a steam press to set it now that I know it fits. After steaming, I'll clean up the neckline steek and tack it down. But other than that, it's done!

This is me trying to replicate one of the photos in the Simply Shetland 4 book......

This sweater is my favourite fair isle.....I love it.

More photos and thoughts on this design at Shades of Shetland.

This sweater has to be close fitting -- no ease to speak of -- or the neckline won't sit close to the body. Don't make your sweater too large.

I started Autumn Rose on Friday, June 29 -- so this was an 8 week knit for me -- don't forget, I got a head start on most of you. But I can attest, the pattern is error free, follow the written instructions as well as the charts, and you'll be okay!

Happy Knitting.

4 comments:

superstahr said...

I LOVE IT! I'm also glad to see the neckline isn't too low as I think you and I are making the same size. Congratulations on a beautiful knit. I can't wait to see more fitted fair isle's like this in the future

Sneaksleep said...

WONDERFUL!! We're all lucky that you did it first and tested the waters for us. It looks divine, and now I'm even more excited to make this than I already was!

Mikaiya said...

It's stunning!! You're an inspiration to the rest of us...

I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the knitting, and that it's error-free. No wonder it looks so good!

Triona said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I just ordered my kit- I hope mine looks as good on me as yours does on you!