Sunday, November 25, 2007

New...


I am a new member planning to start Autumn Rose sometime next month. I don't have anything except a swatch right now, I have done up colors in Knitpicks Palette because I am risking so little money to have a shot at slightly recoloring it (I just don't look good in so much of an autumn palette). Here is my swatch - the one on the right. The one on the left was my first shot which tried to keep the green family (bracken and pistachio) in the mix, but it was a flop. So I'm going with the one on the right.

The preponderance of Old Gold was what really killed the original yarns for me. I substituted a more golden color, which seems a bit bright, but which reminds me of Elizabethan brocade when combined with the two reds in the diamond band.

I won't be posting for a bit as I am finishing up other projects and need to request the wonderful recolored chart that's been done here (BOO to Unicorn for that awful chart! where the dark blocks are the light yarns and the light blocks are the light yarns and the squares are microscopic!). I normally blog at KnitMe with three other friends.

1 comment:

the Knitters Block said...

That is beautiful. I like the colors. I too was sorely tempted to go with Knitpicks but decided I really liked Eunny's pattern too much to mess with it. However, I don't think I will be using the Spindrift yarn again after this project. I don't mind scratchy wool but this stuff is a little too rough. I hope is softens a lot after blocking. On Saturday, I finished a pair of selbu mittens using Knitpicks yarn and it was quite a bit softer.