Monday, September 10, 2007

Off like a turtle...


Hi, everyone! I am finally getting around to my first ever post on my first KAL. I have been waiting for this sweater ever since Eunnie showed a glimpse on her blog. Here's my yarn and a teeny-tiny beginning to a swatch. Thanks to chappysmom for sending me her fabu chart. I modified it a bit for Calc, an open source program. If you don't have Excel, I'd be happy to send you the edited chart if you provide me with the cast-on counts for each size.

I am mixing a couple different yarns to try to save a little cash. We'll see how the gauge comes out, but I am pleased that the other yarn seems just a bit softer.

I did the mental math yesterday and figured out that in the medallion portion of the sweater there are 4 ends to work in for every three rows. Ugh. It'll be worth it, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love a copy of your chart in Calc, but I'm not quite sure how to get in touch with you